Canadian Voice of Women for Peace
25 Cecil Street, #310
Toronto, ON M5T 1N1
Established in 1960, Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) is a non-partisan Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) comprised of a network of diverse women with consultative status at the United Nations ECOSOC. For over 50 years, VOW has provided a means for women to exercise responsibility for the promotion of world peace and justice, through education of themselves and others to take an equal part in the democratic process of decision making; and to cooperate with women throughout the world to create the mutual respect and understanding necessary for the peaceful resolution of international conflict. Current projects include leadership programs for young women, and work on UN SC Resolution 1325.
VOW is a member of the Climate Action Network and sponsors work on this concern as well as on nuclear weapons abolition. VOW is a member of the Canadian Peace Initiative, and the International Peace Bureau.
- Apr 24, 2018 - Our Statement on Syria
- Feb 27, 2018 - Betty Peterson Leaves a Legacy of Peacework
- Feb 27, 2018 - VOW Demands Peaceful Resolution for the Crisis in North Korea
- Dec 18, 2017 - Lethal Arms Sale from Canada to the Ukraine
- Dec 11, 2017 - VOW Condemns Decision to Recognize Jerusalem as Israel's Capital
- Dec 11, 2017 - North Korea: Canadas First Test of Its Feminist Foreign Policy
- Oct 9, 2017 - Open Letter to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres
- Oct 3, 2017 - Freedom Flotilla Coalition Donates Materials to over 400 Fishers in Gaza
- Sep 6, 2017 - Stop the Violence Against Rohingya; End Discrimination and Protect Civilians
- Sep 6, 2017 - Its Time to Ban the Bomb
- Aug 30, 2017 - Canada, Sign the Nuclear Ban Treaty!
- Aug 14, 2017 - Join Canadian Voice of Women for Peaces call for Ottawa to suspend arms sales to Saudi Arabia
- Jul 25, 2017 - Douglas Roche Featured Speaker at August 6th Hiroshima-Nagasaki Commemoration in Toronto
- Jul 19, 2017 - Peace Groups Issue an Emergency Appeal to Mayor John Tory to Examine the Dangers of Nuclear Weapons
- Jun 21, 2017 - Canadian Voice of Women Making Waves from Coast to Coast!
- Jun 14, 2017 - Peace Groups Hold Vigil at Chrystia Freeland's Toronto Constituency Office
- May 10, 2017 - Ban the Bomb! Where is Canada?
- Apr 25, 2017 - Global Day of Action on Military Spending (GDAMS)- Halifax, N.S.
- Apr 19, 2017 - Global Days of Action on Military Spending: April 18-28, 2017
- Apr 12, 2017 - Canadian Voice of Women for Peace - Statement on Syria
Areas of Expertise:
Sources is an online portal and directory for journalists, writers, news editors, researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
© Sources 1977-2019. The information provided is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form or by any means (whether electronic, mechanical or photographic), or stored in an electronic retrieval system, without written permission of the publisher. The content may not be resold, republished, or redistributed. Indexing and search applications by Ulli Diemer and Chris DeFreitas.